Jasper Reports is an open source reporting library that can be embedded into any Java application. Features include:
- Scriptlets may accompany the report definition which the report definition can invoke at any point to perform additional processing. The scriptlet is built using Java, and has many hooks that can be invoked before or after stages of the report generation, such as Report, Page, Column or Group.
For users with more sophisticated report management requirements, reports designed for JasperReports can be easily imported into the JasperServer - the interactive report server.
The Jaspersoft BI Suite provides benefits to both business and IT audiences which enables self service BI for organizations of all sizes. The key benefits of the BI platform are listed below:
- Modern design to address usability
- Flexible architecture to address inflexibility
- Affordable licensing model to address cost
The integrated end-to-end BI suite provides shared services, such as security, a repository, metadata, scheduling, and distribution of information. The heart of the Jaspersoft BI Suite is Jasper Reports Server.
Learn more about the advantages of Jasper Reports Server on the Jaspersoft Technology Blog.
The Jaspersoft BI Suite consists of five different components, which are listed below:
For those interested in embedding or integrating specific functions of the BI server within an application, or customizing Jaspersoft, you can do so in a variety of ways:
Add reporting functionality to applications using SOAP and REST Web Services:
- Report execution, report scheduling, repository management, administrative services
- Available samples: Java, PHP, C. To install any of these samples please refer to the readme files in the samples folder of the Jasper Reports Server install directory.
- More about our repository web service
Add your own actions and pages to JRS leveraging our Java API(s):
- Repository, Report Data Service, Report Scheduling, Users and Roles, Object Permissions, OLAP Connections
Execute reports using HTTP and HTTPS
User Interface Themes
Web standard CSS based themes that can be edited to rebrand and customize the look and feel of the application
- More about Jaspersoft themes